- The number of unemployed job seekers would drop significantly.
- The unemployment rate would likely drop (it's a ratio so this isn't a guarantee since there could be a scenario where unskilled labor is in high demand theoretically; probably correct due to minimum wage laws though).
- The least efficient workers would likely have a better lifestyle, since their returns are relatively low when compared to effort.
|Four more years!|
Enacting this scenario would have some requirements though, such as the following:
- The 5% would need a way to remove the social stigma of not working and receiving subsidies.
- The 5% would need to stay occupied in a fulfilling way to avoid being a further drag on society (idle hands and all).
- The 5% would need to be subsidized somehow.